Stuffed Bell Peppers (or Cabbage Rolls)
Another one of my favorites growing up.
Write a review
- 4 Red or Green Bell Peppers
- 1 head of Cauliflower
- 1 lb. of Ground Beef (or Bison, Turkey, Chicken, Pork, Veal, Lamb, whatever you want)
- 1 can of Whole Peeled Tomatoes (squished with clean hands)
- Italian Seasoning Blend (see Recipe)
- Tomato Sauce (see Recipe)
- Parmesan Cheese (optional)
- Sauté Onions and seasonings in oil until onion is slightly tender.
- Add ground beef and cook until browned.
- Drain excess fat.
- Add Whole Peeled Tomatoes.
- Grate Raw Cauliflower with Food Processor (or by hand) to make Cauliflower rice.
- Add in to sauce at last minute.
- Let cook for 1-3 minutes until tender but not soggy.
- Cut off tops of bell peppers and remove seeds.
- Fill bell peppers with stuffing.
- Top with a little bit of tomato sauce.
- You can also top with parmesan Cheese.
- Place in baking dish with a tiny bit of water in the bottom.
- Bake at 350 degrees until Bell Peppers are tender and top is lightly browned.
- Serve Hot.
Cabbage Roll Variation
- You can use this same recipe to make Cabbage Rolls instead of using Bell Peppers. Just don't put water in the bottom of the pan and make sure to cover with Tomato Sauce.
- You can add parmesan cheese into the mixture before stuffing if you would like.
- You can use ground nuts on top in place of Parmesan Cheese.
- You do not have to top it with tomato sauce if you don't have any.
- If you want to use grains instead of Cauliflower, try using Quinoa. It works really well with this recipe.
Living Lyme http://www.livinglyme.com/