Barbeque Pulled Pork
Who can say no to Barbeque?
Write a review
- 1 Whole Pork Loin (boneless or bone in), seasoned with Fresh Black Pepper and Sea Salt.
- 3 Onions, chopped
- 1 bunch of Carrots, cleaned, ends trimmed, leave skin on! (optional)
- Barbeque Sauce (see Recipe)
- Put chopped onions in the bottom of a Crock Pot or Slow Cooker (if you don't have one, you can do it in the oven on the lowest setting, but will not need as much time to cook).
- Place whole carrots on top of onions.
- Place seasoned Pork Loin on top of carrots and onions.
- Pour Barbeque sauce over Pork Loin, enough to coat and have some in the bottom of the Pot. Reserve some Barbeque sauce for later (app. 1-2 Cups)
- Cook on low setting for 6-8 hours until Pork falls apart with a fork.
- Remove from crock pot and discard any fat or bones on the meat or in the sauce.
- Separate meat with a fork (should just fall apart).
- Add back into crockpot and mix with sauce.
- If it seems a little dry, add more barbeque sauce.
- Save some to pour over when plating.
- Serve hot.
- It's hard not to put this on a nice roll for a sandwich, but it's not necessary. You can serve it as is with carrots and a salad, wrap it in lettuce, or any other way you want to.
Living Lyme http://www.livinglyme.com/