You can't go wrong with meatballs. Great to make in large batches and freeze for later.
Write a review
- 2 Eggs, whisked
- 1/2 lb. Ground Pork
- 1 lb. Ground Beef
- 1 Small Onion or Shallot, chopped finely
- 2 Cloves Garlic, minced
- Italian Spice Blend
- Fresh Ground Black Pepper
- Sea Salt
- Tomato Sauce (see Recipe)
- Mix all ingredients together with hands.
- Roll into balls.
- Place on baking sheet and bake at 350 until browned.
- Toss in tomato sauce in slow cooker or large Soup pot on stove and cook on low for 6-8 hours or more.
- Freeze leftovers.
- Traditionally, bread crumbs are used, but I skip them. They aren't as "fluffy" but still taste as good.
- You could do the same thing with cooked Sausage and Bell Peppers or Hot Italian Peppers. Just toss it in the sauce and let it slow cook.
- Make Spaghetti Squash Noodles or Zucchini Noodles to serve over.
- Eat it by itself in a bowl with a salad on the side.
Living Lyme http://www.livinglyme.com/