Chicken Cordon Bleu
This was always one of my favorite rare treats as a child. Great for small dinner parties.
Write a review
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (1 per person or serving)
- 4 pieces of thinly sliced ham or prosciutto (make sure it isn't deli style with fillers, use fresh)
- 4 pieces of sliced Swiss Cheese (optional)
- 1-2 Eggs (organic), beaten with whisk
- 1-2 Cups Ground Pecans (or other nuts)
- Pound chicken until flat.
- Lay chicken pieces bottom (or inside) side down.
- Place one piece of ham and one piece of cheese on top of chicken.
- Roll up and place a toothpick through it to hold (or tie with cooking twine).
- Dip whole assembly in eggs to coat
- Roll in ground nuts or gluten free bread crumbs to coat (like breading).
- Place in baking dish and bake at 350 degrees until chicken is cooked through and "breading" is slightly browned.
- Remove toothpicks or cooking twine prior to serving.
- Serve hot with your favorite sides!
- If you do not use eggs, you could try using oil to make the "breading" stick.
- You can use any ground nut for any type of breading. It works great and tastes yummy, too!
Living Lyme http://www.livinglyme.com/