This is a great big pot meal to make and freeze leftovers.
Write a review
- 3 Cans Whole Peeled Tomatoes (squished with clean hands)
- 2 Cups Chicken Stock
- 1 Can Tomato Paste
- 2 Onions, chopped
- 4 Cloves Garlic, minced
- 2 Green Bell Peppers, chopped
- 1/2 lb. Bay Scallops
- 18 Shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 1 lb. Chicken, cubed, cooked
- 1 lb. Spicy Sausage (like Andouile), cooked, sliced
- 3 Bay leaves
- Cajun Spice Blend (see Spice Mixtures and Rubs)
- Fresh Ground Black Pepper
- Sea Salt
- See the Tomato Sauce Recipe for the basic sauce.
- Use a large pot.
- Sauté the Onion and Garlic in oil or butter until slightly tender.
- Add clam juice, tomatoes, broth, peppers and spices and reduce down (unless you are using already cooked tomato sauce, then just add and heat).
- Pre-cook the chicken in a pan and the sausage in the oven.
- Add chicken and sausage.
- Add shellfish and fish and cook thoroughly (about 5-10 minutes).
- Salt & Pepper to taste.
- Add a little bit of fresh herbs at the end for aroma.
- Remove Bay leaves.
- Serve hot!
- You can use any combination of seafood and meats you want. You don't have to use all of the ones I listed, you can switch them up, whatever you like.
- You can use fresh tomatoes if you have the time to cook them down.
- You can make this spicy or mild depending on individual taste.
- Freeze leftovers for future meals.
Living Lyme http://www.livinglyme.com/