Italian Spice Blend
Simple fresh Italian Herb blend.
Write a review
- 2 Parts Fresh Basil (chopped)
- 2 Parts Fresh Oregano (chopped)
- 2 Parts Fresh Thyme (leaves removed from stem)
- 1 Part Fresh Coriander Seed (ground)
- 1/2 Part Fresh Fennel Seed (ground)
- Wash, dry, and de-stem/chop fresh herbs.
- Grind seeds in spice grinder or in mortar and pestle to desired consistency.
- Gently mix all ingredients together.
- For Spice, add Red Chile Flakes. You could also add Rosemary or Sage to this. I tend to keep Bay leaves separate, because you don't want to eat them. They are removed prior to serving.
- I also add Fresh Ground Black Pepper and Sea Salt to each dish, so I do not add it into my blends.
- You can use any variation of spices with this. Get creative.
- Dry any extra fresh herbs and store in a tightly sealed jar in a cool dark place or add dried herbs to infused oils.
- You could also freeze fresh herbs.
- Dried or frozen herbs will have a different and less intense flavor and aroma.
Living Lyme http://www.livinglyme.com/