Cajun Spice Blend
Easy peasy all purpose cajun spice blend.
Write a review
- 2 1/2 Parts Paprika Powder
- 1 Part Cayenne Pepper
- 1 Part Fresh Ground Black Pepper
- 1 Parts Onion Powder
- 2 Parts Garlic Powder
- 1/2 Part Red Chile Flakes (optional)
- 1 1/2 Parts Dried Oregano
- 1 1/2 Parts Dried Thyme
- Grind seeds in spice grinder or in mortar and pestle to desired consistency. Mix all ingredients together.
- Store extra in a tightly sealed jar in a cool dark place.
- You can use any variation of spices with this. Try different Chile peppers. Adjust the proportions and customize it to your taste. Get creative.
- I also add Sea Salt to each dish, so I do not add it into my blends. Here I added Pepper because of the quantity needed.
- Add fresh chopped onion or minced garlic at time of cooking.
Living Lyme http://www.livinglyme.com/