Garam Masala Spice Blend
A wonderful spice blend to create Indian flavors and dishes.
Write a review
- 2 Parts Coriander
- 2 Parts Ground Pepper
- 2 Parts Cardamom
- 1 Part Cumin
- 1/2 Part Cinnamon
- 1/4 Part Nutmeg
- 1/8 Part Cloves
- Grind in spice grinder or in mortar and pestle to desired consistency. You can use powdered spices also. Mix all ingredients together.
- I also add Sea Salt to each dish, so I do not add it into my blends. Here I added Pepper because of the quantity needed.
- Store extra in a tightly sealed jar in a cool dark place.
- Adjust the proportions and customize it to your taste.
- You could also try adding Ginger, Mace, Anise Seed, or Chile Peppers. Get creative.
Living Lyme http://www.livinglyme.com/