Mexican Spice Blend
My favorite Southwestern Spices make up this simple and delicious all purpose Mexican Spice Blend.
Write a review
- 1 Whole New Mexico Chile (ground)
- 1 Whole Anaheim Chile (ground)
- 4 Tbsp. Cumin Seed (ground)
- 2 Tbsp. Paprika Powder
- 1 Tbsp. Cayenne Pepper
- 2 Tsp. Onion Powder
- 1 Tsp. Garlic Powder
- 1 Tbsp. Chipotle Chile Powder (optional)
- 2 Tbsp. Dried Oregano
- Grind seeds in spice grinder or in mortar and pestle to desired consistency.
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Store extra in a tightly sealed jar in a cool dark place.
- You can use any variation of spices with this. Try different Chile peppers. Adjust the proportions and customize it to your taste. Get creative.
- I also add Fresh Ground Black Pepper and Sea Salt to each dish, so I do not add it into my blends.
- Add fresh chopped onion, minced garlic, fresh Cilantro or Marjoram at time of cooking.
Living Lyme http://www.livinglyme.com/