Pumpkin Pie Filling
Even though I make this grain, dairy, and sugar free, it is still one of my family's favorites during the holidays. Delicious!
Write a review
- 1 Can of Organic unsweetened plain Pumpkin (or 2 Cups pureed cooked sweet pumpkin)
- 3/4 Cup Unsweetened Coconut Milk
- 3/4-1 Cup Sugar Equivalent (depending on how sweet you like it)
- 2-3 Tsp. Pumpkin Spice to taste (See the Pumpkin Spice Recipe)
- 1 Tsp. Vanilla Extract or 1/2 Tsp. Vanilla Beans
- 1/4 Tsp. Salt
- 2 Organic Eggs
- Combine all ingredients except eggs in food processor and adjust spices to taste (Keep in mind the sweetness and spiciness will diminish slightly when cooked, so make it stronger than you think)
- Once you are happy with flavor, add the eggs and puree.
- Pour into pie shell (See the Pecan Pie Crust recipe).
- Bake at 425 for 15 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 350 for 35-40 minutes until center is just set.
- Cool completely before serving!
- This is a grain free and dairy free recipe. You always have the option of using either if you prefer.
- If you want to make this without Eggs you will have to use some sort of thickening agent like agar agar. I have not tried to make this without eggs.
- I tend to use Coconut Crystals or Liquid Stevia for sweeteners.
Living Lyme http://www.livinglyme.com/