Nut Pie Crust-Pecan
A great grain free alternative that has great flavor and texture. Try it with Pumplkin Pie!
Write a review
- 2 Cups of Raw Organic Pecans
- 4 Tbsp. melted butter
- 2 Tbsp. Sugar equivalent
- 1/8 Tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/8 Tsp. Vanilla Extract or 1/16 Tsp. Vanilla Beans. (You could also use Vanilla Crème Liquid Stevia for the sugar and vanilla)
- Put all ingredients in a Food Processor and combine.
- Pour into Pie tin, press evenly around bottom and sides of tin.
- Bake at 350 for 12-15 minutes until lightly browned (keep an eye on it, it burns easily).
- Cool completely before filling (I throw the whole tin in the freezer while I make the filling. By the time the filling is done, it's cool).
- You can use this for any pie and can use any nut you want.
- For pies that require a top, you can create a crumble using the same recipe and press down on top. Or leave chunky.
- I tend to use Coconut Crystals or Liquid Stevia for sweeteners.
Living Lyme http://www.livinglyme.com/