Apple Pie Filling
This was my Gramma's recipe and is always a hit.
Write a review
- 6 Granny Smith Apples, peeled, cored, and sliced
- 1/2 Cup (approximately) Apple Pie Spice (see Recipe)
- 1-2 Tbsp. Butter
- Pecan Pie Crust (See Recipe)
- Layer Apple slices in bottom of crust.
- Sprinkle Apple Pie Spice and put a tiny bit of butter on each layer until pie tin is full.
- Place topping over last layer.
- Bake at 450 degrees for 10 minutes.
- Then lower temperature to 350 degrees and bake another 30-35 minutes until apples are tender and caramelized.
- Allow to cool and serve.
- This is a traditional recipe. You always have the option to use a traditional crust and traditional sugar. I find the nut crust works very well. I have not tried to make this without butter.
Living Lyme http://www.livinglyme.com/