Growing up in New Mexico, I love anything chili. This is one of my favorite meals.
Write a review
- 1 Lb. Ground Beef
- 1 Onion, chopped
- Taco Seasoning (see recipe)
- Romaine lettuce, washed and broken into bite size pieces
- Cherry Tomatoes
- Red Bell Peppers, chopped
- Green Onions, chopped
- Grated Cheddar Cheese (optional)
- Fresh Cilantro, chopped (optional)
- Tomato Salsa, Tomatillo Salsa, and/or Jalapeno Ranch (see Recipes)
- Brown onion and Ground Beef in skillet.
- Add Mexican Spice blend with a little bit of water
- Simmer until it cooks down.
- Let cool.
- Mix all other ingredients together, or layer them (make a 7 layer salad with this!).
- Place in a bowl or on a plate.
- Spoon meat mixture on top of salad
- Pour Salsa or Jalapeno Ranch dressing over it.
- If you like sour cream, you can use unsweetened plain yogurt instead.
- You can add other veggies as well. Traditionally, this would have corn and black or pinto beans in it as well, but I leave those out. Occasionally, I add fresh Jalapenos.
- You could also make tacos by wrapping the ingredients in Romaine Leaves instead of a Tortilla.
Living Lyme http://www.livinglyme.com/