Roasted Bell Peppers
You can use roasted red bell peppers to add flavor to any sauce, salad, side dish, etc. Very versatile and flavorful.
Write a review
- 2-4 Red or Green Bell Peppers (or any color you want, orange, yellow, a mixture)
- 1 Brown paper bag
- If you have a gas stove or grill, put peppers directly over flame.
- Allow it to burn the outer skin until it is black and turn until the whole pepper is covered in black.
- Place the pepper in a paper bag and close it.
- Let it sit for 3-5 minutes.
- Remove it from the bag and run it under cold water until all of the blackened skin is removed.
- Cut off stem and remove seeds.
- Slice or chop as desired!
- If you don't have a paper bag, use a large pot with a tight fitting lid.
- The idea is to let the steam separate the skin from the flesh, so it is easier to rinse off.
- I wouldn't use plastic.
Living Lyme http://www.livinglyme.com/