Simple and delicious Pesto. You can use this as a sauce, a spread, or as a rub.
Write a review
- 2 Cups Basil Leaves, chopped
- 3/4 Cup Pine Nuts
- 2-3 Cloves of Garlic
- 1/2 Cup Olive Oil
- 1/2 Cup Grated parmesan Cheese (optional)
- Salt and Fresh Ground Pepper to taste
- Put all ingredients in a Food Processor and puree into a paste.
- Adjust spices to taste.
- If you do not have a Food Processor, you can pound the pine nuts and garlic in small batches with a mortar and pestle. Takes more time, but comes out just as good!
- You can use any kind of nut, oil, or herb to mix this up a bit. Try changing one ingredient at a time to test different flavors.
Living Lyme http://www.livinglyme.com/