A delicious spicy soup with a wonderful flavor that lingers.
Write a review
- 3 lbs. Chicken Thighs cut into bite size pieces
- 4 Cups Chicken Stock
- 1 Large Onion, chopped
- 3 Cloves Garlic, peeled and minced
- 3 Jalapenos, seeded and chopped
- 3 Cans Whole Peeled Tomatoes (squished with clean hands)
- 3 Tbsp. Curry Powder
- 1 Tbsp. Garam Marsala Powder
- 2 Tbsp. Fresh Ginger, peeled and minced
- 1/4 Tsp. Red Pepper Flakes
- Fresh Ground Black Pepper
- Sea Salt
- 2 Tbsp. Butter or Ghee (Unsalted)
- 2 Tbsp. Coconut Flour or Whole Grain Buckwheat Flour
- 1 Can Unsweetened Coconut Milk
- 1 Bunch Fresh Spinach, washed
- 1/4 Cup Fresh Cilantro chopped
- Sauté the chicken in Coconut Oil (or butter or Olive Oil) until browned and cooked through.
- Set to the side.
- Sauté the onion and garlic in a large Stockpot until slightly softened.
- Add spices, Jalapenos, and Ginger.
- Sauté until onions are translucent.
- Stir in Chicken Stock, Tomatoes, Chicken, and Cilantro.
- Simmer on low.
- In a small saucepan, make a Roux with the butter and flour.
- Slowly add 2 Cups of strained broth from stock pot.
- Allow to thicken.
- Add back into stock pot.
- Allow to simmer until flavors establish.
- Adjust seasoning to taste.
- Add coconut milk and spinach and bring to a heat.
- Serve Hot.
- For vegetarians, you can use lentils or any other protein source in place of the chicken.
- You can use fresh tomatoes if you have the time to cook them down.
- Freeze leftovers.
Living Lyme http://www.livinglyme.com/