Like Gramma used to make.
Write a review
- 1 Cup Olive Oil (not a strong tasting one, or another light oil)
- 1 egg yolk (separated)
- 1 Lemon (finely chopped zest and juice)
- Water (as needed)
- Dry Mustard
- Fresh Ground Black Pepper
- Sea Salt
- Combine Egg Yolk and Lemon juice. Either in a food processor, or in a mixing bowl with a whisk.
- Slowly add in Oil and continue mixing until it is a thick, yet light and fluffy mixture. Add in lemon zest and spices to taste.
- If mixture is too thick for your taste, add a little water to thin it.
- Refrigerate unused portion and use within 5 days
- You can use Coconut Vinegar and Unbuffered Vitamin C Crystals in place of the Lemon
- You could also use Bragg's Apple Cider Vinegar which has antifungal properties. These two vinegars might change the color, however. So do not be alarmed.
- Try different spices to add some flavor.
Living Lyme http://www.livinglyme.com/