Big Ass Salad
I make a huge salad once a week for dinner and save the left overs for other meals. Just keep your tomatoes separate (and out of the fridge), and add them in as you need them.
Write a review
- Lettuce of your choice, washed and broken into bite sized pieces (branch out, iceberg lettuce isn't the only one!)
- Carrots, sliced
- Green Onions, chopped
- Red Bell Pepper, chopped
- Cucumber, sliced
- Cherry Tomatoes
- Radishes, sliced
- Grilled Steak, sliced
- Wash all your veggies and prep.
- Put them in a large bowl and toss.
- Put in serving bowls or on a plate.
- Top with Salad Dressing of your choice (see Recipes)
- Place sliced grilled steak on top.
- You can use grilled chicken or fish instead of Steak. Or skip the meat altogether!
- You can use any veggies you want in this. Mix it up a bit. You could even mix in some grilled zucchini.
- You can also top with parmesan, feta, or gorgonzola cheese or ground/sliced nuts.
- Experiment with different lettuces: Romaine, Red or Green Leaf, Arugula, Radicchio, Endive, etc...
Living Lyme http://www.livinglyme.com/