A yummy sugar free good for you finger lickin barbeque sauce!
Write a review
- 1 Onion
- 2 Cloves Garlic
- 2 6 oz. cans of Tomato Paste
- 1+ Cups Chicken Stock
- 4 Tablespoons Coconut Aminos (or Bragg's)
- 1 Lemon (zest chopped and juice)
- 2 Tbsp. Coconut Vinegar (or Bragg's Apple Cider Vinegar)
- Barbeque Spice Blend to taste (see Spice Mixtures and Rubs)
- Liquid Stevia or Coconut Crystals to taste
- In a medium Saucepan, sauté the Onion and Garlic in Oil until tender.
- Add Tomato Paste and Water.
- Add remaining ingredients and whisk together.
- Simmer on low for 30 minutes stirring often.
- If you want to slow cook, cook on low as long as you like.
- You can use any variation of spices with this. Get creative.
- If you want to make it without vinegar, you can add Unbuffered Vitamin C Crystals to get the tangy flavor.
- Make sure that Tomato Paste does not have any additives or sugar. Make sure that Chicken or Vegetable Stock does not contain wheat, yeast, MSG, or sugar. Preferably, buy organic.
- I am still in search of a "smoky" flavor that doesn't contain nastiness. Check back!
Living Lyme http://www.livinglyme.com/