Basic Alfredo Sauce
Write a review
- 1 Cup Unsweetened Coconut Milk
- 4 Tbsp. Butter or Ghee
- 4 Tbsp. Coconut or Whole Grain Buckwheat Flour
- Fresh Ground Black Pepper
- Sea Salt
- Fresh Ground Nutmeg
- Make a light colored Roux (see Basic Roux recipe).
- Slowly add in Milk and whisk until thickened to desired consistency.
- Add spices to taste.
- Serve with dish.
- This is a variation on a Béchamel sauce. It is often used for pasta. Use Zucchini Pasta instead!
- Can also be served over Green Beans, Broccoli, or Asparagus. Get creative!
- You can also use Sage instead of Nutmeg for a little different flavor.
Living Lyme http://www.livinglyme.com/